Beeline now calibrates automatically!
Just download the latest version of the app and allow your Beeline to update. Then set up your ride as normal, strap your Beeline onto your handlebars, start your ride, and pedal.
You’ll see the refresh symbol, which is indicating that the Beeline is trying to ‘lock on’. As long as you’re riding at a speed of 3mph (5kph), it will disappear within seconds and your arrow will be pointing you exactly the right way. All you need to worry about now is where to explore next.
Your Beeline previously calibrated magnetically. This involved attaching your Beeline to your bicycle and manouvering the bicycle so that the magnetic progress bar was filled. Auto-Calibration is therefore a huge leap forwards in terms of practically! However, you are still able to magnetically calibrate if you so wish. This might benefit you if you keep you Beeline on the same bike all the time, and will reduce the initial (10 seconds!) inaccuracy of Auto-Calibration. Just navigate to Settings>>Calibrate and then complete the steps laid out below.
As you know, compasses work with magnetic fields. Your Beeline (a very smart compass!) needs to be calibrated to your bike's unique magnetic field.
Follow the calibration steps below:
1. Strap your Beeline on to your bike in the position that you would like it to be in and with the 'b' logo the right way up:
If you need to change the orientation of your device screen you can find out how to do that here
2. Unlock your Beeline by tapping the top touch button. If your Beeline is paired with your phone you should now see this screen:
3. Have your front wheel facing straight forward
4. Tap the right hand button until you get to the settings menu. Tap the ✓:
5. Tap the right hand button. You will see this screen:
5. Fill in the magnet! Twist the handlebars all the way to the right
6. ...and then all the way to the left
7. Lift your front wheel up into the air. Twist your handlebars all the way to the right and all the way to the left to fill in the bottom line
8. Make sure that you have filled in the whole magnet. Your Beeline will let you know if you have 'passed' or 'failed' the calibration method. Check the screen to see if you need to try again
9. Your calibration is complete! Your Beeline should now display the arrow screen