My Beeline isn't pairing with my phone
If you can’t remember how to pair your Beeline with your phone, have a look at this article.
If you're having trouble pairing your Beeline to your phone you should try the following steps:
1. Check that your phone is compatible with the Beeline. You can check the phone system requirements in the Details tab of this page.
2. Check that your phone's Bluetooth is turned on. You can do this by going to your phone's settings menu.
3. Make sure that you pair your Beeline to your phone via the Beeline app. If you have already paired your phone to your Beeline via the Bluetooth settings, please go to the Bluetooth settings menu and forget your Beeline
then re-open the Beeline app and allow it to search for, and pair with, the Beeline app.
4. If you are still having trouble, turn the Bluetooth off on your phone, restart your phone, turn Bluetooth back on, and then reset your Beeline. To reset your beeline hold the bottom button for 20 seconds until the Beeline logo appears.
'Error 1' is showing
If you see 'Error 1' on your Beeline screen, please try:
Pressing and holding on the bottom button for 30 seconds, or until the Beeline logo appears and the backlight flashes to reset your Beeline
These should get you sorted but if 'Error 1' persists please contact email@example.com
'Error 7' is showing
Error 7 means that something has gone wrong in the pairing between your phone and your Beeline. If you see Error 7 appear on your screen, follow these steps:
1. Quit the Beeline app
2. 'Forget' your Beeline in your phone's Bluetooth settings
3. Re-launch the Beeline app
4. Allow for your app to search for and pair with your Beeline
...you should be good to go! Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if that's not the fix and you need any more tips.
My Beeline is the wrong way up
You can attach your Beeline to either the handlebar or the stem of your bike.
If you have had your Beeline attached to the handlebars of your bike and put your Beeline on the stem, you'll notice that the words are no longer the right way up:
No problem! To change the orientation of your device, simply go to SETTINGS in your Beeline app. Click DEVICE SETTINGS and then on UI ORIENTATION.
My Beeline is pointing the wrong way
Beeline knows which direction to point in by measuring the earth's magnetic field, just like a compass does.
As your bike has its own magnetic field, it is important to calibrate your Beeline to your bike. To calibrate your Beeline, follow the instructions here
If your Beeline is properly calibrated on your bike, and the magnet symbol is showing, this means that there is a magnetic disturbance.
This will usually happen when you are cycling next to a highly magnetic object like a bridge or a tall building. The arrow may briefly appear to point the wrong way but it will correct itself as soon as you have passed the disturbance - just keep cycling!
If you have successfully calibrated your Beeline on your bike, and the magnet symbol isn't showing, please try the following:
1. Updating your app and device. You can check for app updates in the App or Google Play Stores. For device updates, there will be a red notification on the home-screen of the app if you have an update to install.
You can also manually check for updates by going into the settings menu of your app and clicking on 'firmware version'
2. Checking your Beeline against a real landmark that you can see - for example the end of your road or a tall building nearby. Does your Beeline point straight at it?
3. Calibrating your Beeline in your hand and checking it against a landmark, to test how it works off your bike
If you still need help please get in touch with us at email@example.com with the results of your findings and we'll get you sorted as quickly as we can!
The distance/speed isn't right
Beeline's accuracy depends on the strength of the GPS signal in the area that you're in. We're constantly working to improve this but the distance and speed that are displaying on your device may be a little less accurate if you are in an area with a weak GPS signal.
My Beeline won't turn off
The Beeline doesn't need to turn off. If it's not on a ride it will fall asleep after 30 seconds of inactivity and will happily sit in stand-by for a couple of months (after a full charge).