Beeline Moto works well with the vast majority of iPhones and Android smartphones. Some Android phones can have issues with Bluetooth pairing, but we tend to find that flagship devices (e.g. Google Pixel or Samsung Galaxy S lines) work without a hitch.
We've tested Beeline extensively with the following smartphones, to make sure that you can get out riding worry-free:
- iPhone 6, 6s, SE, 7, 8, X, XR, XS
- Google Pixel, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Pixel 3a
- Samsung Galaxy S5, S8
- Huawei P10 Plus, P20 Lite
- Xiaomi Pocophone F1
Of course, we have very many Beeliners who are also happily cycling around with different phones. The key thing to check is that your phone meets Beeline's compatibility requirements:
- Data connection (required for setting up a route, rerouting, firmware updates)
- Phone updated to the latest available operating system version (At a minimum, Android 7.0 (Nougat) or higher with Google Play, iOS 9.2 or later)
- Bluetooth Low Energy compatible (Bluetooth 4.0)
We've found that some power saving modes on Android devices can cause problems with the bluetooth connection whilst riding, so it is advised to turn power saving modes off whilst using Beeline.
We can’t guarantee Beeline will work reliably with your phone even if it meets these requirements because hardware and software can be very different between different phones, but we do try to test Beeline on a broad range of phones. If you’re not sure, ask around on our community forum. Or give a Beeline a go with our 30-day free trial!