Please provide full editing functions for routes with multiple waypoints. Beeline waypoints lack basic app editing features: Insert, Delete, Change. (I am using Android, which differs from iOS in waypoint details.)
1. Please allow us to delete any waypoint. Accidental touches create a new last waypoint and fine-tuning routes often require deleting intermediate waypoints.
2. Please allow us to insert a new waypoint after any existing waypoints.
3. If a better sub-route is discovered, some new waypoints need to be inserted into the existing route, some waypoints may need to be deleted, and some may need to be changed (location). Errant screen touches often create an unnecessary last waypoint.
4. The above requests acknowledge the following regarding Android routing.
a. Android routing allows appending a waypoint ONLY after the last waypoint.
b. Android routing allows moving the location of ANY previously defined waypoint.
5. Without the above waypoint editing features, discarding the erroneous route and starting from the beginning is often the only solution for modifying routes. This is tedious and error-prone for long and complex routes.
6. The above discussion regarding route editing may be ignored and substituted if Beeline had capability for GPX or KML files. There are adequate free mapping/routing software that have full route editing capabilities and allow import/export using GPX, KML, or Google maps URL. My mapping tools in order of frequency of use: Google Maps, Google MyMaps, MapMyRide--all are free and have some GPX and KML capabilities. They all have road following capability and some degree of customized route selection (depending on "Drive, Walk, Bike").
Please sign in to leave a comment.