Hey. I'm a loyal Beeline user and also a senior UI/UX designer and I constantly try to imagine how you guys can improve the experience. Here's a few UX suggestions that you might want to consider (or not).
- Connection indicator needs work. It should be omnipresent on the map screen, because when you open the app and start looking for the route you can't tell if the app is connected to the device or not. Most likely it's not, but you've already pushed the route and you have to cancel it and start all over again after re-paring the device.
- Connection indicator takes to settings page right now. That's a duplicate.
- The app HAS to explicitly say that the device isn't connected. A simple modal window asking whether I'd like to continue using the app on the phone would do.
- In the event when the device has disconnected while being used or wasn't connected in the first place, there should be an easy wait to push the route to the device again without cancelling it. At the moment you have to cancel it, remove from the log (actually all 0km trips should be removed from the log automatically) and start again. Not fun at all.
- Route search. There's something with those two taps that I don't like. When I try to paste an address on the map screen, instead of giving me the sharing tooltip, app launches Google Maps search bar. Still can't get used to this.
- Map screen overhaul. Might as well start the app experience with the map view and favourite routes collapsed. Something similar to CityMapper and Uber. Map IS the main thing here, give it more prominence. I can see how Google Maps interface could work here with a swipe-able panel underneath showing the favourite routes.
- Recent routes - absolutely needed. Sometimes I forget to add a place to favourites or simply don't want to.
- Switching between an assistant-enabled route to non-enabled one should be a thing.
- Logo. Takes too much space unnecessarily.
Now, the device itself could benefit from:
- I loved how it used to have a persistent light on/off function bound to the top. Now I have to go to settings to enable it.
- Cycling through the assistant route milestones/points has a destructive functionality - once I tapped it, it's gone. You probably thought about it and tested different behaviours for this one, but I feel like it should just cycle without removing those points.
- Maybe there's a way to add a step-by step after all? As a third option? Maybe? :)
So here's my audit guys, hope you don't mind it and take constructive criticism well. I wouldn't spend my time writing this if I wasn't really passionate about the product and the experience. Cheers!
Please sign in to leave a comment.