Won't fit 28.5mm handlebars

Comments

9 comments

  • Richard Bridger

    Hi Steve,
    Just a suggestion as I’m still waiting for my Moto to be delivered (nice going beeline just in time for Christmas the way things are progressing)

    Steve,
    Could you use a thick and thin rubber shim I’m guessing rather than taping your bars to death? Do the rubbers come In pairs to let you do this?

    All the best
    Richard

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Steve Thackery

    Thanks, Richard, that's an excellent suggestion and I'm embarrassed I didn't think of it myself!  I'll try it and report back.

    Meanwhile, where are the Beeline people?  I thought this forum was for reporting bugs and problems to them, but they don't respond!

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Richard Bridger

    Steve,
    My pleasure. Being the son of a prototype wireman one very early lesson from him was necessity is the mother of invention. There’s no such thing as it can’t it just hasn’t yet.

    I shall go back to waiting by the front door with the dog for the eventual maybe not sure when product delay delivery is delivered........what is it I ordered I’ve forgotten lol.

    All the best Steve hope it worked out ok.

    Richard

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Beeline Team

    Hi Steve, 

    Yes, we should have responded, sorry! We are still figuring out how to best keep track of everything and it looks like we just missed your post. The great thing about the forum (as demonstrated here) is that, especially at the weekends when we are out of the office, the community can respond to each other :). 

    Big thanks to you Richard for jumping in there in our stead :) 

    Cheers,

    Kate

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Richard Bridger

    Kate,
    While this post has caught your attention Any idea on ETA on my Moto.

    Richard

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Steve Thackery

    Thanks for your reply, Kate.

    Yes, you definitely need to set up a bug/defect reporting and tracking system.  You might also want to set up a parallel system for suggestions, although sometimes they can overlap a bit.

    You can get off-the-peg systems easily enough, many are free.  Using web forums for bug reports like currently isn't really suitable because your customers can't fix bugs and defects - only you can do that - and relying on other users to offer support creates too much temptation for you to ignore the report.

    You need one of your team to "own" the system and be responsible for responding promptly to customer bug reports and then managing them through to the development team.  Reports that aren't actual bugs or defects can be shunted to one of the support forums 

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Rene de Mare

    Hi, I received my beeline Moto with clamp-set last friday and installed the clamp today. I also have 29mm handlebars on my Guzzi California and unfortunately none of the clamp set rubber combinations fit. I also figured that half a 25mm and half a 32mm rubber could do the trick but the screws are too short for this combi too. So either longer screw are needed or rubbers that suit 27-30mm handle bars.

    For now I've used thick double sided adhesive tape to fill the gap but it isn't as neat as I want (see photo's). With this thick foam like tape only 2 twists were needed (3 was too much). Don't know if it will hold in the long term and it doesn't look great but it works for now.

    Any other suggestions or perhaps the option that Steve suggested: a 4th set of rubbers that will fit 28.5mm handle bars?

    Groeten,
    René

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Barend van den Hoek

    Rene, I have The Guzzi California also. Same Robles for me. I used two thin rubber strips on one side and one large rubber shim on the opposite side. The screws are too light and the heads are not strong so be careful when tightening not to strip the heads

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Rene de Mare

    Barend, we've just had a 1000km trip using beeline every day..The double sided tape filling the gap holds well. It is a bit foam-like and i can tighten the screws to the end and it still feels solid mounted. I think I will experiment with thin rubber strips cut to the right width to improve but I saw your other post that the screws have their limit and can easily get damaged. Thanks for the warning. With the double sided tape the clamp sides were absorbed until both ends met and it is mounted firmly. So maybe it isnt such a bad solution after all.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.